Monday, May 14, 2012

Tentative or daring

I love to ski fast.  But I only do it when I’m fairly certain I won’t crash. 

Last weekend, while skiing with some really speedy people, all I could think about was how I couldn’t keep up. And that wasn’t very fun.

Then I thought, “why not?” maybe I can.  So I took their enthusiastic lead. And guess what? I didn’t crash. It was lots of fun. And now I’m faster and better.

Whether it's work or play, it can be a good thing to resist that urge to be tentative. Sure, you might crash.  But you also might not.  And you may do something awesome that you didn’t know you could do. 

You’ll definitely have more fun. 

So go find that leader you aspire to be (one who'll hold their ski pole out to you if you do crash), and catch up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment